Scott Haumersen, Partner, joined Wegner CPAs in 1981. For more than 30 years, through his excellent service, Scott has enjoyed helping non-profit organizations to solve problems, find efficiencies by cutting costs and reach their potential.
During his tenure at Wegner CPAs, Scott’s success in growing the company’s non-profit niche includes:
- Establishing the tax-exempt industry group at Wegner CPAs which currently serves more than 700 organizations with annual budgets ranging from under $100,000 to more than $30M and includes human service agencies, associations, advocacy, religious, environmental, civic, and arts groups.
- The creation and presentation of financial management training programs to countless tax-exempt organizations.
- Frequent invitations to speak on a number of topics important to nonprofit organizations both locally and nationally to more than 1,000 people each year.
Certifications and Awards
Chartered Global Management Accountant, 2015
Certified Public Accountant, 1985
WICPA – Distinguished Career Award, 2010
WICPA – Public Service Award, 2006
WICPA – Most Active CPA Award, 1999
WICPA – Public Interest Award, 1992
Professional and Community Involvement
- American and Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA & WICPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants, President
- WICPA, various committees for more than 30 years
- United Way of Dane County Needs & Allocation Committee and Management Assistance
- Wisconsin Nonprofits Association, Founding Board Member
- Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism, Founding Board Member
- Leadership Council of the UW Milwaukee Helen Bader Institute for Non-profit Management
- Overture Center Foundation & Madison Cultural Arts District, Treasurer
- Numerous other board, committee, and organization positions
Community Service Activities
- Organized and raised funds for three years to take 50 kids from the Boys and Girls Club camping for three days at a Christian music fest in Oshkosh called Lifest.
- Began a Creating Equitable Organizations initiative at Wegner CPAs which resulted in a change group that has implemented a number of Diversity & Inclusion activities in the firm.
- Participates in Downtown Rotary’s Racial Equity committee.
- Traveled with a small group to Selma, Alabama for the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday. Sponsored the Foot Soldiers Breakfast at the event.
- Organized a theatre event in which over 100 people attended a showing of the film Selma on the 51st anniversary of Bloody Sunday.
- Participated in a delegation from Madison to attend Policy Link’s Equity Summit. Contributed so that others could also attend.
- Created the Madison Christian Giving Fund which has raised $220,000 and granted the same, to local faith-based organizations over the last 3 years.
- Volunteers to provide food & cook at numerous community events with his ‘cooking trailer’
- Mentors a number of local area families in financial management
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance & Management; University of Wisconsin – Madison
Wegner CPAs is about people – our clients, our employees, our community. Our professionals guide individuals, businesses and nonprofits with personal service, education, and knowledge. We listen, research, advise, and implement solutions to guide you on a path to succeed in today’s complex economic environment. Wegner CPAs is a full-service accounting firm with offices in Madison, Baraboo, Milwaukee, and Janesville.
At Wegner CPAs, serving tax-exempt organizations is our passion. We currently serve over 700 tax-exempt organizations, and our dedicated team of experienced professionals specializes in providing assurance and compliance services for nonprofits.